We are providing FREE consultations via PHONE or VIDEO conferencing for your safety during Covid 19 emergency. Please feel free to call us if you have any with questions! 877-788-2937

Interest expense deduction of foreign corporations

Interest expense deduction of foreign corporations

Mike Habib, EA

TD-9465, provides final regulations under section 882(c) of the Internal Revenue Code (Code) concerning the determination of the interest expense deduction of foreign corporations engaged in a trade or business within the United States. These final regulations conform the interest expense rules to recent U.S. Income Tax Treaty agreements and adopt other changes to improve compliance.

REG – 108045-08 and TD-9466 provide guidance regarding the definition of ommission of gross income.

REG-155929-06 contains proposed regulations regarding the requirements to qualify as a Type III supporting organization that is operated in connection with one or more supported organizations. The regulations reflect changes to the law made by the Pension Protection Act of 2006. The regulations will affect Type III supporting organizations and their supported organizations.

Announcement 2009-69 includes changes to Revenue Procedure 2007-65. Specifically, the announcement expands the rights of developers and owners to enter into agreements for the purchase of the wind energy property owned by the partnership to permit a purchase price determined prior to exercise if the parties reasonably believe that the price will not be less than the fair market value of the energy property at the time the right may be exercised, clarifies how section 469 applies to credits generated by wind energy facilities, clarifies that the revenue procedure only provides safe harbor requirements and makes conforming changes to the revenue procedure to reflect these three changes.

Notice 2009-81 explains the circumstances under which the 4-year replacement period under section 1033(e)(2) is extended for livestock sold on account of drought. The Appendix to this notice contains a list of counties that experienced exceptional, extreme, or severe drought conditions during the 12-month period ending August 31, 2009. Taxpayers may use this list to determine if an extension is available.

We represent foreign corporation with US tax matters before the IRS. Contact us today for a free evaluation and analysis.

Client Reviews
Mike has given us peace of mind! He helped negotiate down a large balance and get us on a payment plan that we can afford with no worries! The stress of dealing with the IRS is huge and Mike helped us through it all. The peace of mind is invaluable, thank you Mike!April S.
Mike Habib - Thank you for being so professional and honest and taking care of my brothers IRS situation. We are so relieved it is over and the offer in compromise process went just as you said. Mike is very professional and will give you honest answers to the OIC process and you can really trust him. You won't be sorry you chose him!Joe and Deborah V.
Mike is a true professional. He really came thru for me and my business. Dealing with the IRS is very scary. I'm a small business person who works hard and Mike helped me see that they are not that scary after all. He was always there with the answers I needed and was very good about calling me back which I appreciated since your first reaction is to freak out and ask a million questions. He solved a messy case and worked very hard to resolve it. His rates are VERY reasonable for the amount of work he does! I give him my highest recommendation!Marcie R.
Mike was incredibly responsive to my IRS issues. Once I decided to go with him (after interviewing numerous other tax professionals), he got on the phone with the IRS immediately (as in the same day I signed with him) to squash an impending issue. And he worked directly with them to quickly come to a resolution I am very happy with. I'd highly recommend reaching out to Mike to see if he can help you with any IRS issues. I'm very satisfied!Marshall W.
I’ve seen and heard plenty of commercials on TV and radio for businesses offering tax help. I did my research on many of them only to discover numerous complaints and unresolved tax issues. I found Mike Habib through my own online search and contacted him. He was very professional with great communication, always answering my questions and concerns. Mike resolved my complicated tax problem just as he said he would. I would definitely recommend his services to family and friends.Nancy & Sal V.
BBB Accredited Business
Trust Link
California Society of Enrolled Agents
Enrolled Agent
Contact Information