How to compare tax relief and resolution service companies?
How To Keep From Getting Ripped Off?
Many “Tax Negotiation” companies out there will absolutely rip you off. These unscrupulous firms will take your money regardless of whether they can help you or not. They’ll lie to you and tell you they can get all the penalties and interest wiped out. They’ll lie to you and tell you they’ll settle with the IRS for “pennies on the dollar” when they know damn well you don’t possibly qualify for the Offer in Compromise program.
How do they get away with this? Easy, most of the people you talk to at these unscrupulous firms are sales representatives. They have NO license to protect. You don’t actually speak to the EA (Enrolled Agent), the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or the attorney that these firms claim to have. Nope, you speak to some slimy unlicensed salesman. Some of these firms make up titles like Tax Resolution Specialist, or Tax Consultant. What a scam! In fact, many of these unscrupulous firms aren’t tax firms or law firms at all, they’re just sales organizations!
We NEVER take on any client that we don’t believe we can truly help. But, I absolutely guarantee you that 90% of the unscrupulous tax negotiation firms that advertise on TV and the internet would take any client and their money regardless of whether they could help them or not. And that stinks!
So, what should you do?
1) Always speak with the “licensed representative” who is on the Power of Attorney, that will actually represent you, usually the principal / owner of the firm,
2) Stay away from any firm/website that doesn’t clearly give the names and bios of the licensed representative (Enrolled Agents, CPAs & Attorneys),
3) Ignore guarantees, promises and so-called testimonials. They’re nothing more than meaningless hype; instead check the Better Business Bureau rating – A MUST!
4) Ask tough questions. If the answers don’t make sense, don’t hire the firm. What kind of tough questions? Are you an EA, CPA or attorney? When they say, “I’m a tax resolution specialist”, ask them, is that a State or Federal license?
5) Finally, use your good common sense. You know when something isn’t right. You work too hard for your money to give it away to some slime ball that makes promises you know he can’t keep. Only deal with someone who is “Licensed” and who “Specialize” is Tax Resolution.
Don’t get ripped off! Do the right thing–
Compliments of: Mike Habib, EA https://www.myirstaxrelief.com/
As an IRS licensed Enrolled Agent (EA) specializing in IRS Tax Problem Resolution, I can represent individuals and businesses in all of the following states, counties, and metro cities, Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Puerto Rico Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington D.C.. West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming. AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT DE DC FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NV NH NJ NM NY NC ND OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY New York, Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Francisco, Ventura, Lancaster, Palmdale, Santa Barbara, Chicago, Washington D. C., Silicon Valley, Philadelphia, Boston, Detroit, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Miami, Seattle, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Cleveland, San Diego, St Louis, Denver, San Juan, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Portland, Cincinnati, Sacramento, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Orlando, Indianapolis, San Antonio, Norfolk & VB, Las Vegas, Columbus, Charlotte, New Orleans, Salt Lake City, Greensboro, Austin, Nashville, Providence, Raleigh, Hartford, Buffalo, Memphis, West Palm Beach, Jacksonville, Rochester, Grand Rapids, Reno, Oklahoma City, Louisville, Richmond, Greenville, Dayton, Fresno, Birmingham, Honolulu, Albany, Tucson, Tulsa, Tempe, Syracuse, Omaha, Albuquerque, Knoxville, El Paso, Bakersfield, Allentown, Harrisburg, Scranton, Toledo, Baton Rouge, Youngstown, Springfield, Sarasota, Little Rock, Orlando, McAllen, Stockton, Charleston, Wichita, Mobile, Columbia, Colorado Springs, Fort Wayne, Daytona Beach, Lakeland, Johnson City, Lexington, Augusta, Melbourne, Lancaster, Chattanooga, Des Moines, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Modesto, Fort Myers, Jackson, Boise, Billings, Madison, Spokane, Montgomery, and Pensacola