Once you come to know that your tax return is to be audited by the IRS, panicking will be your first instinct. There will be no need for panicking if you seek professional help. Mike Habib is a tax professional and will help you in preparing for the IRS tax audit and ensure that you achieve the best possible outcome. Generally, it is a proven fact that individuals must not handle the proceedings of audits themselves. The reason for this is that individuals aren’t aware about the IRS and their proceedings; they may even give out certain information that can open up an even more thorough investigation.
However, once you get professional IRS tax help, you will be properly guided throughout the process so you can remain confident every step of the way. Here is how Mike Habib EA, tax professional, can provide you with effective IRS tax help:
Finding Out the Reason Behind the Audit
- The very first thing a tax professional will do is help you to find out the main reason for the audit.
- It may be possible that this is a random auditing or there might be certain mistakes or misrepresentation in your tax return.
- The tax professional will go through the entire tax return with you to look for any possible filing mistakes, bookkeeping errors or any other problems.
- Some other reasons might be large business expenses, excessive deductions and questionable deductions.
- Once the root cause is determined by the tax professional, he/she will be able to proceed forward more efficiently and appropriately.
Gathering and Researching Backup Materials
- Your tax professional will assist you in gathering each and every material related to your taxes including your deductions, expenses and income.
- If a charity deduction has been the problem, you will have to come up with receipts of all the donations and charities you have made to prove that you gave away the specified amount mentioned in your tax return.
- Your tax professional will help you in determining which material is necessary to show in the IRS proceedings.
Handling Deadlines Assigned by IRS
- It is very crucial that you meet all the deadlines given by IRS as they are extremely serious about their deadlines.
- Your tax professional will ensure that all the necessary work is done before the deadline including scheduling proceedings of the audit, confirming IRS audit notice response and filing relevant paperwork, books and record.
- You will be assisted in gathering significant material and handling the important task first. He/she will remind you about the looming deadlines and help you in all the preparations.
Advice Regarding Tax Settlements and Penalties
- After going through your case, your tax professional will be able to tell you if the audit will go in your advantage or not.
- The tax professional will also advise you and inform you about potential penalties that you may face. This will keep you better prepared about what may come your way and can give you time to financially prepare for the penalties.
Do not compromise on your tax service provider, call us for a free and confidential 15 minute consultation at 877-788-2937.
About Mike Habib, EA NTPI Fellow®:
Mike Habib is an IRS licensed Enrolled Agent who owns and operates a specialized tax services boutique firm serving clients in various metro areas such as Los Angeles, Whittier, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Orange County, Riverside, Palm Springs, San Bernardino, Palmdale, Bakersfield, New York, New Jersey, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Detroit, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, San Francisco, Columbus, Austin, Memphis, Fort Worth, Baltimore, Charlotte, El Paso, Boston, Seattle, Washington DC, Milwaukee, Denver, Louisville, Jefferson, Las Vegas, Reno, Hempstead, Tucson, Nashville, Davidson, Portland, Tucson, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Anchorage, Atlanta, Long Beach, Fresno, Sacramento, Mesa, Kansas City, Cleveland, Virginia Beach, Omaha, Miami, Oakland, Tulsa, Honolulu, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Colorado Springs, Arlington, Wichita, Birmingham, Montgomery, Tampa, Orlando.
Local communities served:
Tax services help for clients throughout Southern California including Norwalk, Santa Fe Springs, Downey, Pico Rivera, Montebello, Hacienda Heights, La Habra Heights, West Covina, La Habra, Brea, Fullerton, Yorba Linda, Cerritos, La Mirada, Lakewood, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Long Beach, Compton, Torrance, Los Angeles, Pasadena, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and throughout Los Angeles County, Orange County, Corona, Upland, Claremont, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, San Bernardino County, Riverside County, the Inland Empire, the San Fernando Valley and the San Gabriel Valley.